Peter Aitken

Default Best oil for French Fries?

"Default" > wrote in message
> What's the best oil for French Fries? I'm guessing the healthiest ones
> aren't the best tasting, but at the moment I have no idea what's healthy

OR
> good tasting oil, so any input is appreciated.

I have read that rendered horse fat is considered the best in France (I am
not kidding!). Lacking that, there probably is no one "best" oil because it
depends on personal tastes. You can make terrific fries with peanut, canola,
or essentially any other vegeable oil. I bet rendered beef fat would be good
too.

--
Peter Aitken