Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default "Candied" Fruits

There ws a brief discussion on a food mailing list I read requesting a way
o make candies orange and/or grapefruit peels with artificial sweeteners.
I don't think you can really do this without the sugar as you will just
get a kind of stewed fruit peels. I had ried to make something like my
Mother;s crabapple and kumquat dishes that were cooked in a sugar syrup
until they became translucent and the sryup became very think adn gummy.
i just had pleasant stewed fruit, for my efforts.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Would any of the sugr alcohols
make such "danied" fruits or fruit peels plssible? The discussion had
started over candied ginger, something I do miss:-(

Wendy