Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Pat[_1_] Pat[_1_] is offline

Default CTC Assam

Justin Holmes wrote:
> I have a CTC assam (it has a name but I dont' recall what) that I get
> at the local co-op for 13 bucks a pound or so. Makes a nice cup,
> probably cheaper than lipton at that price.

---------> I can get 900 grams (just under two pounds) of Lipton
Yellow Label for $5.99.

> try some other assams the next time I order from uptons. Don't get put
> off by pricing either, a little tea goes a long way, and most can be
> steeped multiple times.

----------> I thought black tea shouldn't be steeped more than once?

I have moslty stopped drinking diet soda, and
> frankly, for what I was spending on diet coke, i can affoard to drink
> all but the most expensive blends.

---------> Same here. I also used to be a big soda drinker, but I've
more or less given that up. I use that as a rationalization for what I
now spend on tea. But I can't see spending $5 for 125 grams of CTC
tea at Uptons, given how cheaply I can find the Lipton CTC. Unless, of
course, the Uptons CTC is dramatically better. That's one of the
reasons I'm a little afraid to try it. I don't want to get hooked on
something that's going to cost me a lot of money. I really do drink a
lot of tea.