Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
John F John F is offline

Default CTC Assam

Pat wrote: I am trying to
> become a "smarter" tea buyer, as in trying to get the best value for my
> money, rather than paying a lot of money for certain "name brands".

I'm new to tea and am looking right now to learn more and make sure I
have high quality tea so the price is not as important at this point.
But from what I can tell these 1/4 lb. packs of tea seem like they are
going to make a LOT of cups of tea. Double that for the green because
I'm making two cups from each teaspoon full.

I wonder how much more expensive it is for some of those "name brands"
than off the shelf Lipton. ?? Until you get to the super premium teas
it may not be much more.

John F