Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Looking for some BBQ help

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have recently been put on a very low salt and NO sugar diet by my
> doctor. For the most part I can handle it but the one thing I really
> miss is my BBQ sauce and Sunday BBQ with the family. I have always made
> my own sauce but it always had salt and lots of brown sugar in it.
> I've tried a couple of concoctions but without much sucess so figured
> I'd ask here. Does anyone know of any decent BBQ sauce thqat can be
> made without sugar, very little if any salt and prefereably no black
> pepper?

Have you tried Splenda? Eliminating salt for me has not been a big deal but
if you like sugar, that will be a tougher challenge, IMO. Splenda is bland
on flavor, but does add sweetness. Perhaps you can find a molasses flavor
to give it the brown sugar flavor you like. I read someplace that chicory
can give a molasses flavor. Maybe some other flavor will come close. There
are a bunch at http://www.davincigourmet.com/page.php?page=760

Good luck and good health
--
Ed