Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Alan S[_1_] Alan S[_1_] is offline

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:41:44 -0500, Ferd Berfle

>>>Schedule:
>>>5:00 AM BG 95, Amaryl 1/2 MG with 500 mg glucophage,
>>>6:00 AM slice french toast made with 100% ww bread
>>>7:15-7:45 AM, BG 130
>>>
>>>If I take the meds same time as when I eat, BG goes to about 160
>>>
>>>Fred

>>Thanks for responding Fred. Numbers aren't bad - but, as the
>>Devil's advocate, my first thought is to wonder whether
>>you'd need the Amaryl at all if you had an omelette - or
>>whether you'd have a 35 point rise if you had the meds and
>>an omelette:-)
>>
>>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

>If I don't eat carbs, I can skip the Amaryl.

Hi Fred (or is it Ferd?)

As individuals, we make our own choices. I choose to
minimise my medications by careful diet management. You
choose freedom in your diet by adding medications.

We probably won't know whether either of us, or both, were
right or wrong for many years. In fact, I hope that it is
many, many complication-free years - for both of us:-)

Have your read this link?
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.