Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:27:43 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
> wrote:

>"Alan S" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:21:20 -0500, Ferd Berfle
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Also, two weeks ago I discovered Walden Farms pancake syrup. -0- cals!
>>>It's good, but of course not as good as regular Log Cabin, Aunt
>>>Jemima, so on. It let's me float my slice of French toast(whole
>>>wheat) in syrup and eat it with a spoon.
>>>

>> As a matter of interest, what were your BGs an hour later?
>> I'm thinking of the toast, not the syrup:-)

>Hmm. I'm a big believer in tiny bits of the *real* stuff, rather than
>gallons of the fake stuff. I'm trying to teach my 4-year-old Type 1 the same
>way: her mommy and I are having arguments about breakfast cereal. (Being
>"honey-nut Cheerios" does not make up for the "honey-nut" part......)

Yep, I have to agree in principle - except for sugar. I
rarely, if ever buy "low-carb", but I do use Splenda etc
sparingly and drink diet soft-drinks.

I use sugar very sparingly in my own cooking and can
understand why others may be looking for low-sugar recipes.
Unfortunately, that focus can sometimes miss the carbs that
still remain in the basic food, especially when you add a
low-carb sauce to a high-carb food.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.