Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Leif Erikson

Default The Status of animals

Karen Winter blabbered:
> Leif Erikson wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > I dare say, Karen

I wrote "I dare say, Karen.." Leave it in.

> > that that Santa Fe, NM department of animal control probably does not
> > refer to pets as "companion animals",

> I just checked the Santa Fe SPCA website, and they do indeed refer
> to companion animals. It is the term of choice among rescue groups.

It's the preferred term - not "term of choice"; more trendy-speak -
among people in far-left bastions like Santa Fe, Berkeley and Frisco.
It is not catching on with the general population, and there's no
indication it will.

Regardless of how the SPCA in trendy, effete Santa Fe refers to pets,
the fact remains the pets are property, and nothing is likely to change
that.