Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Shawn Hirn

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

In article >,
Ferd Berfle > wrote:

> I'm a ketchup lover, and really miss piling it on ground beef dishes
> such as meatloaf and hamburgers. With soooo much sugar and how much I
> like to pile on, it's been forbidden since Dx.
>
> A couple weeks ago, I used simple Hunt's tomato sauce with some
> Splenda and a dash of garlic sauce. Of course it was not as good as
> real ketchup, but it had possibilities. Has anybody experimented with
> home made ketchup, replacing the sugars and syrups with no-cal
> sweeteners?

Why not try Heinz's One Carb ketchup? I am a Heinz ketchup lover from
way back and I find that ketchup very good, but it is a bit expensive.
Failing that, just take whatever ketchup recipe that interests you and
substitute any sugar with Splenda and it should be fine.