Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
John Wesley

Default Buying animals :( was typical racist spew from vegans...)

In article .com>,
says...
> Would they though? A little further down you menton that you spent
> $398 at an emergency vet. Surely it would have been cheaper to buy
> a new dog but because you conisder him a friend rather than simply
> a piece of property you decided to spend the money to keep him alive.
> Would you have felt any differently if your dog had been free?

Nope, but I've talked to my buddy who is an Animal Control Officer
with the Sherriffs Dept. enough to know that there are a lot of people
who are uncaring and feel that way. They get the kids a dog. It gets
sick. They won't take it to the vet. They don't even get vaccinations.
They let it die because they are too cheap to go to the vet. Then next
thing you know they've got another free dog from the pound. The pound
around here doesn't screen anyone. They figure they are going to put
them to sleep anyway so if someone wants them fine. Some would probably
be better off put to sleep than to have to go through what they do.

jw