Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

"Ferd Berfle" > wrote in message

> I'm a ketchup lover, and really miss piling it on ground beef dishes
> such as meatloaf and hamburgers. With soooo much sugar and how much I
> like to pile on, it's been forbidden since Dx.
>
> A couple weeks ago, I used simple Hunt's tomato sauce with some
> Splenda and a dash of garlic sauce. Of course it was not as good as
> real ketchup, but it had possibilities. Has anybody experimented with
> home made ketchup, replacing the sugars and syrups with no-cal
> sweeteners?

I have never tried to make it since I would not use enough of it to warrant
making it. However, they do make a One Carb ketchup that takes just like
the real stuff. I just buy that. It's made by Heinz. There are other low
carb ketchups on the market, but I find them either lacking or just plain
awful! Most taste like straight tomato paste.

--
See my webpage: