Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

Ferd Berfle wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:35:28 -0500, Blash

> wrote:
>
>>Ferd Berfle writes:
>>
>>> I'm a ketchup lover, and really miss piling it on ground

beef dishes
>>> such as meatloaf and hamburgers. With soooo much sugar

and how
>>> much I like to pile on, it's been forbidden since Dx.

>>Heinz ketchup has only 4g sugar in a tsp......have you

tried just
>>using a little less???...

> I can't pronounce "tsp" without a lisp. Something that

small is for
> thissies!

I have seen low calorie tomato sauces, low cal can mean low
carb too. I am looking at my current tomato sauce right now.
It is a supermarket own brand - has added sugar. Total carb
for 15 ml (around 3 teaspoons) is 3.6 gr of which sugar carb
is 3.4 gr. Double that would make an adequate splurt over
steak etc and still only totalling 7.2 gr carb. If you are
not whacking into spuds, rice or pasta etc in the same meal
then 7.6 gr would be a drop in the bucket.