Kevin & Amanda

Default baked beans?

Hello Everyone: I remember my Mother often making the old fashioned
home made baked beans in a bean pot. To the beans in the pot she
added about four slices of salt pork, some dry mustard, about one onion
sliced, and water that was completely covering the beans. They were
put in the oven about 11:00 AM and the oven was turned off around 4:00
or 4:30 PM. They were not soaked before cooking. If there were
any left over after the meal they were used for making bean sandwiches.
The beans were checked at least three or four times during the cooking
to be sure that they were still covered in water. If they were not
then water was added to cover them. If anyone has a bean recipe please
feel free to share. Have a nice night. Amanda