Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dave

Default does anyone else identify with this?

dh@. wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2006 08:58:34 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>

> >dh@. wrote:

> >> Little or nothing

> >When you consume a broiler chicken you also indirectly consume all
> >the crops grown to feed that chicken.
> >
> >> in regards to whether or not it's cruel to animals to
> >> raise them for food,

> >I believe modern industrial methods of animal so-called farming
> >are cruel.

> Some are. Some are not.

I am not aware of any modern industrial methods of animal
so-called farming that are not cruel. Note that grass fed beef
is not a modern industrial method.

> >I don't believe raising animals for food is cruel per-se.

> Sometimes they benefit. Sometimes they don't. IF you are
> actually able to understand that fact, you are probably the
> only other person besides myself who can. Even IF you are
> able to understand the fact, as yet you have shown no
> sign of being able to understand how it's significant. Neither
> has anyone else.
>
> >> which is what I consider to be the main issue.

> >It is one of the main issues. Environmental impact is the other.

> I've often asked which wildlife and why. No one can answer.
> It's apparently a secret "answer" that no one can explain or even
> try to explain.

Environmental impact is not just about habitat destruction.
Eg. Animal wastes, routine use of antibiotics associated
with the emergence of superbugs, inefficient use of
non-renewable resources,

> >> Maybe. It's more certain that he/she would not eat products
> >> in order to deliberately contribute to decent lives for animals
> >> raised to eat.

> >With all that spinning you do

> Like what, exactly?

What you just wrote.