paula

Default baked beans?

a lot has been written lately about baked beans. My question is - do
your baked beans in a can differ from ours(u.k.)ours are of various
brands( but heinz being a universally known one) they are canned and
in a tomato sauce, to be served with an english breakfast or on toast
amongst other things.we can buy the beans dried for use in other
recipes but why oh why are they always in tomato sauce when canned.?
is it a law that everyone has to like tomato sauce, needless to say i
seldom eat them and when i do i drain off all the tom sauce and mix
with grated cheese and melt together and serve on toast.