Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Garlic in a jar.. Shelf life?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
>> > I was cutting broccoli for a fund raiser once, to dip (with other
>> > veggies). I was told to discard the very long stems. I took a bite
>> > and
>> > decided that the stems were the best part. They didn't need peeling,
>> > were delicious and tender. I cut them into circles for the veggie
>> > plate. Not many got eaten, unfortunately.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dan Abel

>> Give it another try. You gotta fool those buggers. Cut them in a shape
>> they
>> won't recognize. However some people like nothing green - dark green for
>> them is even worse.
>> Had some beet greens tonight -- absolutely nothing on them, not even
>> salt --
>> OMG they were so dee-licious.
>> You do good things, Dan.
>> Good health to you,
>> Dee Dee

> <lol> Sometimes veggies need no help...... ;-)
>
> I often do something "fancy" with carrot chunks for my housemate. He's
> been on a carrot kick lately. Things like melting butter over them and
> adding fine grated fresh ginger and a dash of garlic, etc.
>
> The other day, I just steamed them. Plain. NOTHING added.
>
> He complimented me on how good they were. <G>
> --
> Om.

Some experts say that carrots that stay out of the ground for a longer
period of time before cooking are tastier. I don't know the answer to that
as I've eaten some pretty old carrots; but the best of all are home-grown
garden-to-table. How sweet it is!
I can eat most veggies with absolutely nothing on them, just admiring the
taste of the vegetable. This is not to say I don't like them loaded with
Indian spices.
Dee Dee