PENMART01

Default Char-Broil Grill review? Model 2215, Stainless at Lowes

"Kent H." writes:

>"Blair P. Houghton" wrote:
>> levelwave wrote:
>> >
>> >I just bought my parents the Weber Genesis Silver B for $349.00... It's
>> >prolly about the best grill you can find in that price range... very
>> >solid and doesn't incinerate your food like their last El Cheapo
>> >Char-Broil they owned...

>> Cooks' Illustrated also did a comparison test of grills,
>> and rated the Weber Genesis Silver series best for price
>> and even cooking.
>>
>> I bought mine because nobody was running them down.
>>
>> And mine works beautifully.
>>
>> I've never had anything go wrong on it that wasn't my own
>> damn fault.
>>
>> And the Weber people are perfectly obsequieous about customer
>> service.
>>
>> When mine was delivered, it had some minor scratches on
>> the tray tables. I reported them in an email, and I had
>> brand new tables within two weeks.
>>
>> I got the Genesis Silver C, and I think if I had to do it
>> again, I'd just get the A (the lowest-cost model, with
>> no tables and no side burner, $250-350) because I put
>> it in a spot where the patio table would work perfectly
>> well for staging, and I've used the side burner exactly
>> once, and could have done as well leaving that pot on the
>> kitchen stove.

>I don't think anyone has ever used the side burner.

More often than not a propane gas side burner outdoors unless kept at its
higher settings will be put out with the least gust of wind.... then by the
time it's noticed more than an hour has passed, the pot is cold and the gas was
wasted.... best outdoor cooktop is a Coleman white gas stove, lotsa BTUs when
needed and even on the lowest settings it would take a hurricane to put out the
flame. Personally in all the years I've been grilling maybe twice I needed a
side burner, and then I used my Coleman.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon