Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default Garlic in a jar.. Shelf life?

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:05:55 -0800, serene wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:34:56 -0800, sf >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:25:37 -0800, serene wrote:
> >
> >> It takes literally seconds to peel a clove of garlic. I don't
> >> understand buying it pre-peeled.
> >>

> >I know, I know... but at least it's closer to the real thing than that
> >jarred stuff.

> Yeah, but it must be dried out from sitting around peeled, isn't it?

When someone buys the peeled suff for my house, it means a lot of
garlic is going to be used fast.... so nothing dries out. It's the
real thing, no preservatives - I'd be more worried about rotting than
drying out anyway. As far as I'm concerned, I'll spend the extra
minute it takes to separate the clove from its husk. Others in my
house have different ideas about garlic, so when they cook - I don't
micromanage and fully appreciate the fact that I'm *not* cooking.