Posted to rec.food.cooking
patrice

Default Least fishy tasting fish?

kilikini wrote:

> "Gareth" > wrote in message
>
>>I never liked the taste of fish when I was younger, but I think it is
>>time I tried it again. What type of fish would you recommend I start

> with?
>
>>Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>>Gareth.
>>

> I'd try something mild, cheap and readily available, like tilapia. It's not
> fishy, it's flakey, and you could bread it and fry it, sautee it, do a
> chowder, fish taco.............whatever. It's really a versatile fish.
>
> kili

I agree with kili.
Here's a quick suggestion for its use:
Pat the filets dry, then put them in a frying pan with some butter.
Cook until done, which doesn't take more than a few minutes.
Cover with your favorite salsa - heat until the salsa is quite warm.
Serve over rice.
It's not fishy at all this way.
I don't eat much fish (and no meat). I use this method for the tilapia
when I'm trying to get a little extra protein.
It'll basically taste like the salsa you've used to top it, and like
kili said, it's nice and flakey.

patrice