zxcvbob

Default Soymilk maker

[Notice that follow-ups are being redirected to r.f.c.]

I bought Wife a soymilk maker for christmas because she was buying a lot
of overpriced soy products trying to find one she liked. She seemed to
like the concept but hasn't used it much -- perhaps because none of us
really like soy milk.

I decided to try using adzuki beans instead of soybeans in it last night
just to see what happens. Adzuki beans are used in Japan and China and
(I think) Korea for making desserts; they are sweeter than any other
bean and they are lower in fat than soybeans.

The stuff actually tastes OK, but it is the most awful pinkish
gray-brown you can imagine. And it's oddly thick. The okara that was
left over doesn't taste bad at all, and it might be a good addition to
oatmeal, or mixed into bread dough.

Best regards,
Bob