Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
John Wesley

Default If I Had $40 Million

In article >, says...
> John Wesley wrote:
> > In article >,
says...

> >>SlipperySlope wrote:

> >><snip>

> >>That is absolutely false, as reading any of their literature makes
> >>clear,

> > Thier record is clear. They Euthanise 85% that come in. Our local
> > Animal Control has much a better record than that.

> Which animals are turned in/picked up by your local shelter vs those
> turned in to PETA? PETA is not primarily a shelter organization;
> that is not their main purpose.

Then why do they take in animals and put 85% of them to sleep. This is
there own reported number.

> >>and their track record with rescued animals. You are either
> >>grossly ignorant or deliberately lying.

> >>The ultimate goal of animal rights organizations is indeed
> >>to end the pet trade and allow animals to live free of human
> >>domination,

> > They would get deseases and die.

> So do humans. Do you approve of human slavery?

Again my dog does no work for me. He picks no cotton. How is he a
slave. He has better medical care than I do. He has a wonerful bed to
sleep in inside a heated house. He eats all the food and treats he
wants. Anyone who compares that to slavery is a certified nut case and
needs to have some mental help.

> (And, BTW,
> do you have any evidence that human slaves in general
> receive better health care than free humans?)

That has nothing to do with the discussion.

> >>which is a form of slavery.

> <snip>
> >
> >>But that *never*
> >>involves killing of existing animals

> > Yes it does. Volunteers were convicted of smothering puppies in
> > Virginia.

> I don't believe it.

I have the article around here somewhere. Its on the net. Its common
knowledge to anyone that cares. Its in the Virginia Court records.
> <snip>
>

> Why don't you criticize factory farm organizations? They kill
> 100 per cent of the animals they hold, one way or the other,
> after keeping them in very inhumane conditions.

Because I like to eat them animals. They taste goooood!!!!!!!!! My dog
does too!