Posted to rec.food.baking
Wayne Boatwright

Default Who are you...?

On Wed 18 Jan 2006 07:55:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Reg?

> Bob (this one) wrote:
>
>> Who subscribes to rec.food.baking? Are you a professional? Are you a guy
>> who likes to bake on weekends? Are you a mother who needs to bake for a
>> family? Hobby? Work? Hate it but have to? Love it but not enough time?
>>
>> Who are you? What kinds of information are you seeking?

> I'm in two professions. I'm an old time computer programmer
> with one foot still in it to pay the bills, plus a caterer
> and small producer of cured and smoked products. I recently
> bought a property with a second kitchen that I'm in the
> process of getting certified.
>
> As to rfb related stuff, I'm happy to say customer demand
> for breads and other baked goods is coming back after just
> about disappearing during the Atkins craze. The great baked
> goods drought of 2003-04 is just about over, and I'm thankful
> that I get to bake in quantity again.
>
> The info I look for tends to be the more detail oriented
> material that's hard to find in most textbooks, the usual
> source for 98% of my information. I especially like hearing
> from professionals because the information tends to be both
> rare and useful.
>
> Like your blue cheese dressing recipe, among many items.
> It's still a hit with the crowd.

Can one of you post Bob's blue cheese dressing recipe?

TIA

Re the original question...

I'll be 61 next week and I've cooked and baked since learning all the
basics at home. I have a Southern heritage and many things I cook are
influenced by old family recipes, but I frequently try new recipes from
many cuisines. I consider myself an expert pie baker and I'm more than
competent at bread and cake baking. Still, there's a wealth of knowledge
and tips to be gained from reading a group like this...real practical
experience from posters at all competency levels.

--
Wayne Boatwright տլ