Posted to rec.food.baking
Reg

Default Who are you...?

Bob (this one) wrote:

> Who subscribes to rec.food.baking? Are you a professional? Are you a guy
> who likes to bake on weekends? Are you a mother who needs to bake for a
> family? Hobby? Work? Hate it but have to? Love it but not enough time?
>
> Who are you? What kinds of information are you seeking?

I'm in two professions. I'm an old time computer programmer
with one foot still in it to pay the bills, plus a caterer
and small producer of cured and smoked products. I recently
bought a property with a second kitchen that I'm in the
process of getting certified.

As to rfb related stuff, I'm happy to say customer demand
for breads and other baked goods is coming back after just
about disappearing during the Atkins craze. The great baked
goods drought of 2003-04 is just about over, and I'm thankful
that I get to bake in quantity again.

The info I look for tends to be the more detail oriented
material that's hard to find in most textbooks, the usual
source for 98% of my information. I especially like hearing
from professionals because the information tends to be both
rare and useful.

Like your blue cheese dressing recipe, among many items.
It's still a hit with the crowd.