Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent

Default Pizza/Baking Stone

If it's a real stone, .75 inches thick, or almost, leave it in the oven, and
don't take it out to clean it. Even if it is one of those thin stones,
scrape the debris off with a metal spatula; leave it alone after that. I
have done that with the same stone for 30 years.
Rules:
Heat the stone for 1 hour before using it.
Bake pizza at at least 500F, or even 550F, for 6-7 minutes. Use an oven
thermometer.
Dust paddle with flour, not cornmeal, and slide pizza on stone.
Spray inside of oven with H20 several times during the first two minutes of
baking, as in a bread oven. Bread ovens are moist. This crisps the crust.
The best of pizza to you. No matter what you do, the stone will change your
lives.
Kent