Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

Default Quantities of food for groups

"zxcvbob" > wrote

> Bring a sandwich and a Thermos of soup along and leave them in the car
> when it's her turn to cook. A really /good/ sandwich. When the food runs
> out before you've been served, you can go get yours out of the car. Say
> (as cheerfully and nonjudgmentally as possible) something like, "I knew
> you never bring enough food so I packed a lunch." HTH ;-)

(laugh!) Good one.

Sorry to the OP, I think it's probably a hardcore case of cheapitis,
I've seen that before. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know of any
graceful way to get the point across. Perhaps when the Who brings
the food assignment is made, how much to bring should be mentioned,
to everyone. This way no one feels pointed out. I hope.

nancy