Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

Default Pizza/Baking Stone

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" > wrote

> yesterday and reheated the rest a short time ago. The problem now is
> that I am having a heck of time trying to take out some burnt cheese.
> Is there an easy way or a proper way to remove the burnt cheese from
> the stone without having to scratch it?

My pizza stone came with a plastic scrapy thing, perhaps you
could use a plastic spatula. I'm not sure how cheese is getting
on your stone, I guess we make pizzas differently because it
doesn't happen to me despite my liking for thin crust.

At any rate, don't bother trying to keep the thing looking pretty,
you won't win that one. Try to scrape it, if you do, while the
stone is still warm.

nancy