Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

Default Quantities of food for groups

> Blunt is my middle name, so here goes: If your friend hasn't got the common
> sense to figure out a chicken order, she probably can't read either. So, a
> web site's going to be no help at all. You're going to have to handle this
> face to face, using actual words, and lead her through the process by the
> nose.

I was thinking the same thing but my middle name is Kevin.

My wife and I play poker with friends and we basically do the same
thing. Often, we'll agree to a food theme (ie. Asian, Mexican etc.) and
bring a single dish with enough servings to accomodate the group. It's
also understood, that "kid feeding" is the responsibility of the
parents, who will bring or prepare kid-friendly food for them.
Lastly, If you don't want to confront the skimper's, bring plenty of
easy snack foods to fill the void. Kev