Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Trying some new teas

ostaz wrote:
> Tung Ting Oolong Tea by Mese Hsin Tung Yang Foods Co., San Fransisco
>
> I am really eager to try the oolong because I've never had an oolong tea
> before......what is it like and what is best brewing temp/time?

tung ting is actually kind of a green oolong, and basically chinese
restaurant tea. 185°-195°F is about where you want it. It is a low to
mid grade tea. Probably a good introduction to oolong, but a loose leaf
oolong that is a little stronger will be more representative of Oolong.

oolongs are great and my fiance's favorite.

My favorite asian store find was Peoples Republic of China, Fujian
import company Jasmine Green tea. It is a yellow and gold tin and very
good.

Bancha is not a favorite of mine, I prefer sencha, which is available
at your local market.

Tea is just one delight to be had at a local asian market. Roast Pork
buns, Kim-che or Shin Ramen noodle soup, Ramune soda, Lychee's (a
canned fruit in syrup that is to die for), and more.