Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

Default does anyone else identify with this?

****wit David Harrison lied:
> On 15 Jan 2006 15:55:57 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>

> >****wit David Harrison lied:

> >> More on the chicken thing. Since most broiler chickens have decent
> >> but short lives,

> >Unlikely.
> >
> >> eating chicken most often contributes to decent lives for
> >> chickens, along with the associated cds.

> >What does the term "food conversion ratio" mean to you dhld?

> Little or nothing in regards to whether or not it's cruel to animals to
> raise them for food, which is what I consider to be the main issue.

No, the main issue is WHY do you stupidly obsess on whether or not
livestock continue to exist, and pretend to make it appear that you are
concerned on "their" behalf?

> >> Eating meat substitutes like the
> >> following:
> >>
> >> Worthington Meatless Chicken, Turkey, Ham, Vegetarian Hot Dogs
> >> and Prosage Patties
> >>
> >> Lightlife Chicken Nuggets and Chicken Patties
> >>
> >> Boca Meatless Chick'n and Breakfast Patties
> >>
> >> Quorn Meat-Free Patties, Nuggets and Cutlets
> >>
> >> Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patties, Chick Patties,
> >> Chik'n Nuggets, Corn Dogs
> >>
> >> contributes to cds associated with raising chickens, plus those
> >> associated with the veggies in the products, plus it contributes
> >> to the battery method of raising hens

> >Presumably the poster you are replying to would not eat the
> >products on those grounds.

> Maybe. It's more certain that he/she would not eat products
> in order to deliberately contribute to decent lives for animals
> raised to eat.

YOU don't choose foods in order to contribute to (bleagh) "decent
lives" for animals.