Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Pat

Default Earl Grey

Steve Hay wrote:

> I went to this very mediocre Tapas restaurant in Clarendon, VA and they
> were serving Earl Grey Iced. It was bad, and added to the general
> mediocracy of the place. That said, I sometimes enjoy Earl Grey in hot
> tea. I agree the mood has to hit me right.

Funny you should say this, because for the past few days I've been
thinking about trying Earl Grey iced. Last night I decided to make
some and let it steep in the fridge overnight. I was afraid the
bergamot would be overpowering in a cold beverage, so I made a mixture
of half PG Tips and half Twinings Earl Grey. This proved to be a wise
decision; I had two glasses of it at lunchtime today and the bergamot
was quite strong. 100% Earl Grey would have been way too
overpowering. The tea was pleasant enough; if I try it again I may try
60% PG and 40% Earl Grey. I'm trying to find a combination that will
give the iced tea a little extra pizzazz without overwhelming it
entirely.