Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

Default "Dutch" is even fooled by himself! :-)

****wit David Harrison lied:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:06:06 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>>****wit David Harrison lied:

>>> Can you explain how your boy's paste is not correct:
>>>_______________________________________________ __________
>>>From: "Dutch" >
>>>
>>>The method of husbandry determines whether or not the life
>>>has positive or negative value to the animal.
>>>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

>>That is accurate and relevant *if and only if* the animals are living.

> That most obvious fact in no way prevents us from considering
> the first one, much as you apparently wish that it did.

gibberish

>>Deciding to *not* raise livestock is NOT a moral consideration. Need I point
>>out that an animal cannot be abused or killed if it is never born?

> No. You need to explain why we should feel that "AR"=no life is better
> than decent AW=deliberately providing animals with lives of positive value.

No, he doesn't need to explain it, ****wit, because it
isn't his position, and also because you aren't in
favor of "aw". You don't CARE about animal welfare at
all, ****wit, and we all know it. All you care about
is if livestock exist, period.

>>> When not, can you explain why we should disregard the
>>>fact he mistakenly pasted when we consider the deaths:
>>>_______________________________________________ __________
>>>From: Goo
>>>
>>>the deliberate killing of animals for use by humans DOES deserve moral
>>>consideration, and gets it.
>>>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
>>>of billions of animals?

>>Whatever number.

> Regardless of number, you have never been able to provide a reason
> why we should disregard these facts

It is not a "fact" that livestock animals "benefit" by
coming into existence, ****wit. They do not.