Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

Default "Dutch" is even fooled by himself! :-)

****wit David Harrison lied:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:01:15 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>>****wit David Harrison lied:

The fact of their lives occuring at all deserves no
moral consideration. They do not "benefit" by "getting
to experience life".

>>I asked for *your* opinion ****wit, not the opinions of other people. Why
>>should the deaths of livestock be given any consideration?

> Because some of them are of positive value for one thing...one thing
> which you obviously can't understand.

1. You don't know that their lives are of positive value
TO THEM. Seeing them live a certain way is of
positive value to YOU.

2. Coming into existence is NOT A BENEFIT to them.

>>I would have
>>thought that you'd have an answer ready for that one.

> You answered it youself years ago. It's still hard to believe you're too
> stupid to understand it

There is nothing you understand that he doesn't. There
is nothing you understand that I don't. We both
understand far more than you, about every relevant
aspect of using animals.

Answer the question you've been avoiding, ****wit: WHY
do you obsess - it really is warped obsession - over
livestock "getting to experience life"?