Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pylls, Barry

Default Rubbermaid lids get sticky

jacqui{JB} wrote:
> "Pylls, Barry" > wrote in message
>

>>I find that lids for rubbermaid tupperware get sticky
>>for no reason when they are several years old.
>>Scrubbing with soap and warm water doesn't seem
>>to help. These are the flat rectangular containers,
>>frosty semi-translucent body and beige lid. However,
>>I've found usenet testimonies of the longevity of
>>rubbermaid tupperware. Does anyone else experience
>>this?

> Nope -- mine are fine and I've had my Rubbermaid containers for going on 20
> years. What are you storing in them, are you using them in the microwave,
> and how are you cleaning them?

I'm storing them in the cupboard above the sink (and incidentally,
above the toaster, used on average once a day). They are stored with
lids of plastic tubs for margarine & other things. Only the Rubbermaid
lid gets the sticky film.

I don't use them in a microwave.

I clean them in hot soapy water, with a cloth and a scrub brush (plastic
bristles).

> ObPedant: Rubbermaid is not Tupperware is not Rubbermaid -- Tupperware and
> Rubbermaid are separate products/brands.

Oo. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.