Posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

Default cake decorating questions

"-L." wrote:

>Let me guess: But YOU don't...

Look here I am not claiming I know everything...and nobody knows
everything ......that is not the ultimate purpose of learning...nor the
attainment of wisdom...But... its is the firm grasp of the essentials
is what is most important...that is considered the attainment of
superior knowledge and the flowering of wisdom.
That is why I don't collect books.....it will take a herculean
effort,,,, to know all the details of those many books...which the
results does not actually lead to the improvement of your
knowledge...but rather to bringing you in a confused state....then you
will strive to read more in order to sort out the self created
confusion....?

Going back to cookery....its not a collection of recipes. and
procedures...but the comprehension of the essentials of those
formulations and methodologiies that is most important....there are
infinite permutation of recipes..but the principles involved in its
preparation is simple....

That is why for me.....I consider cookery as 99% commonsense and only
1% recipe....
Its unfortunate that most people think in reverse.....and that is why
they kept on collecting books... and these authors are laughing their
way to the bank<grin>..