Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
dh@.

Default does anyone else identify with this?

On 14 Jan 2006 05:50:01 -0800, wrote:

>We do not eat meat for the same reason cited by you. We eat eggs from
>cage free chickens

More on the chicken thing. Since most broiler chickens have decent
but short lives, eating chicken most often contributes to decent lives for
chickens, along with the associated cds. Eating meat substitutes like the
following:

Worthington Meatless Chicken, Turkey, Ham, Vegetarian Hot Dogs
and Prosage Patties

Lightlife Chicken Nuggets and Chicken Patties

Boca Meatless Chick'n and Breakfast Patties

Quorn Meat-Free Patties, Nuggets and Cutlets

Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patties, Chick Patties,
Chik'n Nuggets, Corn Dogs

contributes to cds associated with raising chickens, plus those
associated with the veggies in the products, plus it contributes
to the battery method of raising hens since those products all
contain egg whites. Those "veg*n" products come out on the
less ethical side of real chicken, imo.