Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Martin Willett

Default Can we do better?

wrote:
> I do not mind making the meat industry shills eat dirt but it gets
> boring after a while. It is almost impossible to get into a rational
> discourse with the meat industry shills disrupting every thread. Could
> someone set up a couple of moderated lists similar to these lists?
>
> I propose:
> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.moderated
> alt.food.vegan.moderated
>
> Any ideas?

Where do you get the idea that people who make fun of people with crazy
views need to be paid to do it? If they were paid wouldn't you expect
them to be better at it?

If people really were shills:

shill Slang.
n.

One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe
bystanders into participating in a swindle.

v., shilled, shill·ing, shills.

v.intr.

To act as a shill.
v.tr.
To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
To lure (a person) into a swindle.

[Perhaps short for shillaber.]

then surely the better strategy would be to have people saying "I
turned vegan for three years and I became anaemic, listless and
impotent" and shit like that.

The whole concept of the "meat industry shill" is the result of rampant
paranoia. If "the meat industry" really did want to do a number on you
then they'd do it a hell of a lot better.

I have never been paid a penny for any of my activities on newsgroups, I
do it all for the love of the sport.

If you want to discuss things where nobody who disagrees is allowed to
voice an opinion there are thousands of possibilities that make more
sense than a newsgroup.

If you did set up a moderated newsgroup you will probably find it very dull.

If some beef baron or hamburger chain wants to put me on the payroll
then feel free to contact me via my website.

Oh yeah. I want back pay.

--
Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org