Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Brian Mailman

Default sourdough experiment

Dusty Bleher wrote:

> "Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
>> Dusty Bleher wrote:
>>
>>> You can just as well use a small box (a Saki "cup" comes to
>>> mind),

>> You mean the vessel that H.H. Munro drank sake from?

> Donno that one...but I meant those neat, small, square, neatly
> constructed wooden boxes that have caused me such incredible
> discomfort the next morning...(:-o)!

Apparently the war on true education has been going on longer than I've
believed. "Saki" was H.H. Munro's pen name. (a purveyor of short
stories). He may have drunk sake.

>> simply grabbing balls of dough for tsibblekuchen (onion rolls) out
>> of a vat and seeing them identical each time.

> Ah! Yes! The indelible mark of a true master in action. Something
> I could watch forever. And, lemme take a wild stab at it...he
> didn't use a digital scale accurate to 6-decimal places as an excuse
> for his success, did he?

I suppose the proper question would be: "would he have used them, had
they been invented then."

One wonders how they ever did any kind of baking before the Electronic Age.

B/