Posted to rec.food.sourdough
hutchndi

Default sourdough experiment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Dusty Bleher" > wrote

But, just for the interest, what was it
> about the recipe(s) that "didn't work" for you?

Usually the doughs were too heavy on flour, resulting in pretty dense
loaves. I was scooping heavy cups back then, so I am not blaming your
recipes. Admittedly, I suppose even if I went back and used cups more like I
do now, so the flour is looser in the cup, I probably would have had allot
better results. Same probably goes for most of the early recipes I tryed.
Sounds like a good argument for scales Dusty.

hutchndi