Posted to rec.food.baking
QX

Default Fibrament Stone Questions?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:27:17 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"Todd K." > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> Slightly OT: If I decide to just use the quarry tiles (with no
>> Fibrament stone), do I bake directly on them or put a baking sheet on
>> the tiles?

>You can bake directly on the tile or you can made-up the product on a sheet
>of parchment an slide the whole works on the stone. I wouldn't use a metal
>baking sheet.

I have heard from a friend that quarry tiles may contain lead, and you
should ensure that they are lead free before cooking on them. Is this
true? I know there are test kits available to test for lead in painted
surfaces etc. Should I be concerned about lead, or is the concept an
urban legend. (not knowing what is used to make the tiles).