Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

Default Cornish Hens?

On 7-Jan-2006, "Heavy_Smoker" > wrote:

> Anyone ever smoked cornish Hens.
>
> Whilst I was picking up some Ribs, a couple of Cornish Hens
> volunteered for dinner. I decided to take them up on it.
>
> Should I cut them in half like chickens?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Smoke on.
>
> --
> Better living through smoking.

I haven't done it, but I'd consider it an adequate challenge. I'd spatchcock
the birds and smoke roast them at 300 > 350F until nearly done and then
finish under the broiler ( or on a hot grill ) to crisp up the skin some. I
have
a pair of vertical racks for birds of that size and that's what I use. Smoke
is nice when you get it right. Too little doesn't beat the oven and too much
makes dog food.
--
Brick(I'm paddling as fast as I can)