Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Default Google Groups complaint (was Earl Grey)

The only error I've ever seen to the Post Message button is Server Not
Available. Sending the information in the Text Message box back to
Google is a function of your Web Browser and ISP. That is the Modus
Operandi of the Client Server model of the Internet. The only
consistent glitch I can replicate in Google is keep the edit window
open a long time before the Post Message. Occasionally it return you
to the edit window again with the same information like you didn't do a
Post Message. This is because in the meantime other Usenet posts have
been rolled up in the same thread so your position has changed. You
hit the Post Message one more time to get the 'wait momentarily'
message while you are properly positioned in the thread. I don't even
worry about any backup strategy to my posts anymore. I cut my teeth on
Google when 24 hour postings were the standard and not momentarily. I
also log in and out for each post because the Internet is a stateless
system that is there is no guarantee you will be recognized as a Client
the next time you use the Post method expected by the Server. There
are ways around this conundrum but no standards. BTW the non standard
communications are also used by viruses.

Jim