Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

Default context [was:"Google Groups complaint]

Blair P. 1/6/06

>> I wonder if I could ask you to include a contextualizing snippet of the old
>> post

> I'd prefer not to have to do so in every case.

It would not be necessary in "every case," but it would be appreciated in
those cases where it is.

> Track back on the thread (you do have a threaded
> newsreader, don't you? I mean, *gosh*, it's 2006 already) and you'll
> see plainly what I'm responding to. Though if it were relevant, I'd
> include it.

I do have a threaded newsreader. It is unfair to expect your reader to sift
back through a thread's history to find your referent. At this point, I
agree to disagree with you.

Michael