Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Ray Calvert

Default Synthetic corks

I have been using synthetic for 3 years now and have not had a problem with
them. I had heard that they were hard to insert but my floor corker has no
trouble with them.
I had heard that they are hard to extract. My angle wing extractors have
had no trouble with them.
I had not heard that they were hard to reinsert if you want to put the cork
back in and put the bottle in the fridge. They are. Some one said that
they may shrink or loose their elasticity with time. They certainly seem to
spring back to original size after a few years.

Ray