Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
ant and dec

Default Would you like to be eaten?

ant and dec wrote:
> Autymn D. C. wrote:
>> got -> gotten

> It Britain the form I used is perfectly acceptable:
>
> US: get-got-gotten
> UK: get-got-got
>
> You've only demonstrated your ignorance of the use of British English.

Just in case you want some evidence:

Also, the past participle gotten is rarely used in modern British
English (although it is used in some dialects), which generally uses got
(as do some Americans), except in old expressions such as ill-gotten
gains. Commonwealth usage retains the form forgotten, though.
Furthermore, according to the Compact Oxford English Dictionary, "The
form gotten is not used in British English but is very common in North
American English, though even there it is often regarded as
non-standard." In North America, most people who use gotten also use
got, with gotten emphasizing the action of acquiring, and got tending to
indicate simple possession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...sh_differences