Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Lew Bryson

Default BJ's and Pizza

"sleurB kciN" > wrote in message
<Witzel sez...>
>> WTF is a "weck" anyway? The thing sounds like a backwater town in
>> England.

> "Drei im Weck, bitte" will get you 3 little Nuernberger
> wursties in a hardish, roundish roll. In N-berg, anyway.

Ah ha... "weck" is, properly, 'weck, as in short for "kümmelweck," a roll
with caraway seeds (and a bunch of salt). This clears things up a bit more,
Nick.

>>> The Juicy Lucy in St. Paul?
>>> Dangerously good -- literally, they're the fugu of the
>>> burgerworld.

> Huh...ain't had one since back before I knew from GoodBurger.
> If ever I'm back in MSP...

Takes ya back, don't it?

> ObBeer: Youse all raved about the Wintertraum Festbier you
> found _in situ_, but IIRC, it wasn't vom Fass, but from the
> bottle. I've found a few wickedly malty Fraenkische Festbiers
> 'round here, but as Weltenburg isn't in Franken, I'm afraid
> I'll have to haul it down there to check it out myself. Not
> that this would necessarily suck, mind, but is the beer really
> THAT good? ("Youse" here is Lew & other Real Beer Writers.)

Yes, it was in the bottle. And it was Beaumont who went really nuts about
it. It WAS good, I've always thought so, but I'd love to try some Frankish
fests. The one that all had us absolutely raving on our last day was the
Schlenkerla Lager, the beer Trum makes with unsmoked malt: it picks up its
smokiness from the remnants in the system, and it's FG. We were sneaking up
the aisle in the bus and stealing bottles out of the bags of writers who'd
gone to sleep.

--
Lew Bryson

"GOOD or SHITE?" -- Michael Jackson, "Thriller", 1982
www.lewbryson.com