Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default What mixer would be the minimum you would recommend for cookie dough?

"ggg" > wrote in message
> > so conceivably you could grate the frozen butter in the fp like you do
> > cheese?
> >

> I really don't want to own a stand mixer and hope to just make do with a
> food processor.
>
> How important is the wattage between 450 and 700 for cookie dough?

Bigger is better in my opinion. I would also look for a large bowl size.
Some processors can take two different size bowls - like the Kitchen Aid and
the Wolfgang Puck. At this point I would favor the Kitchen Aid with the 11
(or12?) cup bowl and the extra large feed tube. I wouldn't go below 600
watts. You need that much power for sticky dough like bread and cookies.