Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Night Spirit

Default Texas Caviar

Julie Bove Boldly typed:
> "Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
>> This is a recipe I'm doing today. Haven't done a picture just yet.
>> Blackeyes on New Year's day is said to bring good luck for the year.
>>
>> It certainly won't hurt.
>>
>> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>>
>> Texas Caviar
>>
>> good holiday snack, very easy to make. Looks good on the table
>>
>> Recipe By: Pete Romfh
>> Serving Size: 24
>> Cuisine: TexMex
>> Main Ingredient: Beans
>> Categories: Diabetic, Vegetarian, Vegan, Kid Friendly, Superbowl,
>> New Year, No Cook, Advance, Simple - Easy, Snacks, Brunch, Appetizers

> <snip>
>
> I've seen this recipe before. Or something similar. Have never
> tried it. I like black eyed peas, but this recipe doesn't sound
> appealing to me. I also fail to see how it would be kid friendly. I
> ate black eyed peas as a child, but I've never met another kid who
> would. In fact, here in the Pacific Northwest, I've never met a
> person who would eat them, outside my own family. There's just
> something about the texture of them that people don't like.

I was raised on dried field peas, pinto beans, butterbeans, colards, turnip greens, potatoes, and corn bread. We would only have meat on sundays. White bread was only for sandwiches. My mom made bisquits or what we called whole cake which was actually just bisquit dough baked in a cast iron skillet like cornbread.

--
Happy New Year!
Nightspirit

Bullwinkle: You just leave that to my pal. He's the brains
of the outfit.
General: What does that make you ?
Bullwinkle: What else? An executive..