Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

Default Food Channel on TV

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Dan replied to Daisy:
>
> >> For me it's quite personal. I don't like refried beans. I don't
> >> particularly like tortilas or buritos, and (in New Zealand anyway)
> >> Mexican restaurants - few and far between as they are - are known for
> >> very cheap food. However, I had some wonderful quesadilles (sp?)
> >> somewhere in Southern California once that were to die for. What a
> >> contradiction I am!! LOL

> > I haven't eaten at this place, but I've never read a bad review:
> >
> > http://www.guaymas.com/menu2.htm
> >
> > Prices run US$20-40 per person, without drinks, tax or tips.
> >
> > I don't see any refried beans or burritos on the menu. The tortillas
> > are made in the restaurant.

> I believe Daisy was looking for good Mexican restaurants in New Zealand.
> Providing a web site to a restaurant in Northern California probably doesn't
> help her much.

I don't believe she was. She said she didn't like them because she
didn't like refried beans, tortillas, burritos or very cheap food. I
was just providing an example of a restaurant that didn't appear to have
refried beans or burritos, and definitely wasn't cheap. The tortillas
are house made, which might be a surprise for her if she could ever find
them, plus there are a ton of items that don't use tortillas, and for
the ones that have them on the side, you don't have to eat them.

I know that there are wonderful foods in New Zealand that you either
can't get here, or maybe aren't good.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA