Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Default Food Channel on TV

Daisy wrote:
> [snip]
> For me it's quite personal. I don't like refried beans. I don't
> particularly like tortilas or buritos, and (in New Zealand anyway)
> Mexican restaurants - few and far between as they are - are known for
> very cheap food. However, I had some wonderful quesadilles (sp?)
> somewhere in Southern California once that were to die for. What a
> contradiction I am!! LOL [snips]

Lucky you, you have yet to discover what real Mexican food is! Refried
beans and burritos are to Mexican food as Big Macs and fries are to
American food: to be found everywhere but in no way representative of
the whole cuisine. Find a book by Diane Kennedy or Rick Bayless and
just thumb through the pages. Take a good look at what they do with
seafood, and examine the mole sauces. You'll find a new world highly
worthy of exploration. -aem