Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default What mixer would be the minimum you would recommend for cookie dough?

""."" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, wrote:
>
> > what about a food processor?

> For cookie dough? I grew up in a house with a stand mixer and no food
> processor. Not really sure what you can do with a food processor. I
> thought they were good for slicing, mincing or blending things. Can you
> use they like a mixer?

Yes and no. Food processors can be used to make bread dough and cookie
dough. It is my preferred way of making bread and pie pastry. Rose
Beranabum's Christmas Cookie book has directions for using the FP for all
her cookie recipes. The area where the FP doesn't do well compared to a
mixer is for products where you don't want to develop much gluten - like
cakes. I use mine for some cakes and for quick breads. You just have to be
careful not to over mix. The other issue with the FP is capacity. Most FPs
don't come close to the capacity of a stand mixer. I have both, but I use
my FP much more than the stand mixer.